Monday, April 23, 2012

Personal Blog 5

How important is it to live in the present? Cliche I know but lately, I have found myself trying a little to hard to not worry about the future when that is the only thing I can’t get out of my head. As I’ve mentioned before, I’ll be graduating soon and my MPA was always the goal. Now, I have to get used to the ideaof working 8-5 which is amazing, I just don’t feel like a grown up yet… I’m 25! I feel blessed and grateful for working in an environment that allows me to help other people. I feel like I’m accomplishing everything I went to school for… I like what I do in constituent services, maybe I just have to challenge myself a little more. I love our team and I am still connected with those who helped empower others to get out the vote.

Being that I don't have a plan, I'm trying to enjoy the fact that there is now plan. I'm learning guitar, I'm not part of an indigenous dance group that danec for with the Catholic church for social justice, and I'm on my own.  My community is important to me and even though my education has cost me insurmountable student debt, I feel ready to do what I feel called to do, help empower others realize their potnetial through policy and civic engagement. Yay Arizona!


2 comments:

  1. I can definitely relate to you in terms of not actually having a plan. Fortunately, life is a series of choices and options. You have a clear passion for your community, as long as you act i'm sure you will encounter wonderful opportunities! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw a documentary about this very topic it is called Finding Joe you should check it out. It is very cool and discusses the choices we make in life and how people deal with becoming who they want to be and living in the moment.

    ReplyDelete