In meeting and networking with people throughout my internship I was encouraged to apply to work for a job with the City of Phoenix taking on a role in working with constituent services. I interviewed other people who had done the same job and worked for the City and found that this potentially may be something I would be interested in; particularity in district where I was very familiar with people and their concerns. I learned a lot about issues canvassing and talking to voters.
Working in government for people and bui9lding a bridge, closing the gap and letting people know that government works has always been a dream of mine. I love being able to demonstrate to people the power of their voice and their role in making our communities a better place to live for all people. My organizing experience, my volunteer experience and my internship led me to my dream job, which is where I am today.
No comments:
Post a Comment