Thursday, April 19, 2012

Conflict



Disagreements with leadership isn’t something I’ve come across too often in my experiences whether it be in work, school or in organizations that I have been involved with. At a certain point during my internship I found that others vehemently opposed certain practices that were being done in terms of how the organization was running and where it was heading. I did not see it at the time, but later I did realize the need and importance for collective goals and decision making. I think the campaign just got so intense that people were not practicing self care, were maybe afraid to quit and walk out due to being burnt out or what. I wasn’t in a top leadership position but I assisted in leading discussion. I found out that my own peers could not come to me with problems because of the very reason I mentioned before, I didn’t realize there was an issue. I felt hurt and disappointed in myself that I wasn’t able to read my peers and that they couldn’t come to me for help or advice. They care engouh about me to talk about it eventually and I then advised to have a discussion about the next steps.



No comments:

Post a Comment