I've also always had a passion for government and the ability to engage people through voting and empowering communities to use their voice whether it be to shape policy and go to forums or through giving ideas. While working with CASE I was able to do both. As a nonprofit that passionately and diligently works to have working families, workers whether they work in hotels cleaning 35 rooms a day when they're only supposed to be cleaning 12 I was able to see that this fight against the working class could be won. Not only active representation but through the elections. Combined with other groups known as Team Awesome, the Latino vote also consists of SEVERAL working class majorities in all fields increased 500%. 2012 is going to be big election year and I'm so happy that I was a part of that process.
CASE offered the perfect opportunity to explore non profit services with a combination with local government to ensure that working people are indeed represented.
CASE offered the perfect opportunity to explore non profit services with a combination with local government to ensure that working people are indeed represented.
No comments:
Post a Comment